Saturday, October 14, 2006

Society talk

Today I attended an iftaar party. We were invited by one of our neighbours. It was followed by dinner. In iftaar there were lots of fruits and papad and Bhopali speciality chana dal and ofcourse pakoris without which iftar is incomplete. Then our dinner was sent to us at our house as my husband had to leave for work.

Actually that neighbour uncle had invited us because his son and daughter-in-law had come from Dubai and he wanted us to meet them. So there were quiete a number of people there. Like his daughter and son-in-law and his daughter-in-law's parents and sister.

Here I want to make a confession, that however good the people are I just don't feel comfortable when there are many people around and most of them are not known to me. I don't know what has happend to me I was not like this earlier. Infact, I was very social and made friends very easily.

I don't know what has made me such that I have almost begun to hate social gatherings. I get uncomfortable in such situations these days. Somehow I am at loss of words and unable to make the society talk (gup shup) and carry on the conversation. Or may be it is just a phase, I wonder!

No comments: