Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The Rat Menace

For past few days I was very much disturbed by a rat. I just don't like any animals for that matter whether it is dog, cat, rat or any other pet animals. I just cant stand any. It's not that I am scared of animals, but I get a very strange feeling just at their sight, somethimg happens to me from inside.

Three to four days back a rat managed to enter my kitchen. It was a big fat RAT. Oh my God! The sight of it took my breath away. I didn't feel like entering the kitchen. I didn't know how to cook. Actually the rat was living in the cupboard where my crockery is kept. It was a real torture for me.

Our baby, Aleena, is often on the floor because now she has started rolling to all corners of bed, once even fallen down the sofa. Because of her, rat's presence made me nervous.

I never expected this to happen as we are staying on second floor which is considered safe in all respect. These rats are expected to be found on ground floors where they make hole and make it their hiding place. But on the second floor the thought of it is disgusting.

Worst part is I don't know where it hides the whole day so I can't carry out any anti-rat operation but, at night it is very active. It becomes very dificult for me to cook dinner. We tried all methods to catch it like putting the rat killer 'cake' obtained from medical store which it was supposed to eat and die outside. However, it didn't eat the cake. Also we bought a rat trap. But nothing worked.

The main problem was that it would suddenly appear on the floor. Once it nearly leapt at me. Yesterday, late after midnight my husband literally chased that rat and somehow managed to drive it away. Its only then I had a sigh of relief and I can go to kitchen without fear of that great RAT, my enemy.

No comments: